A lovely addition to sandwiches, hot and cold meats, cheeses and many other dishes.
- Large pan or Preserving/ Jam pan
- Wash the jam jars in warm soapy water, rinse and along with the lids, place in a warm oven at about 80°C.
How to make Green Bean Mustard Pickle
- Dice the onions and put into a large pan, add the 500ml Cider vinegar. Cover and simmer until the onions are soft.
- Mix the corn flour, turmeric, celery salt and two mustards together and gradually stir into the remaining vinegar until smooth, and no lumps (except for the mustard seeds)
- Add the blended vinegar and spices to the pan when the onions are soft.
- Add the beans to the pan and cook uncovered for 10 minutes stirring.
- Add both the sugars and the beans. While simmering, continue to occasionally stir until the beans are tender, but not too soft. The beans should have a slight crunch when you bite into them, this gives a nice texture to the final pickle.
- Once cooked, spoon into sterilised jars and seal while hot.
The pickle will keep for a year. It is advisable to refrigerate the pickle once open.