This is a meal in-itself. Soft boiled goose egg. Boiled to perfection, soft white, and creamy yolk.
This is how we did it:
- Add water to a large pan (sufficient size pan, so that when the water is added it just covers the goose egg)
- Before adding the goose egg, get the water to a rolling boil;
- In the meantime put some slices of bread in the toaster;
- Once the water is boiling, gently add the egg to the water and set the timer for 6 minutes;
- At the end of 6 minutes remove the goose egg from the boiling water and place in a tea cup or small coffee cup;
- With a knife slice the top of the egg off;
- Hopefully a runny yolk and perfectly cooked white ready for eating!
- Serve with the toast buttered (when warm) and cut into strips ready for dunking into the egg.